Local knowledge. National connections. Global reach.
Boost your immune system for winter
In this Masterclass, Nutritionist Angela Emmerton from Nutritional Matters covered how to boost your immune system and increase your resistance to winter coughs, colds, flu and viruses. Winter doesn’t have to mean constant colds and flu. If you find you catch everything that’s going around, then this session is for you.
• What your immune system IS
The 9-5 is over – what’s next?
With a large number of businesses intending to retain flexible and remote working arrangements post COVID-19, a paradigm is called for that will be characterised by openness to new possibilities and ways of thinking about how work can be done and managed with an emphasis on exploring flexible and innovative solutions.
Kylie Holyland from Ascend HR covered:
• Engagement and motivation of remote staff and teams
• Collaboration and connection in a virtual world
• Managing “out of sight” productivity
• The shift from KPI’s and outputs to outcomes, results, and productivity
Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health and Resilience Trainer and Speaker, Donna Thistlethwaite provides tangible actions for individuals and leaders to reduce the impact of Covid-19 on mental health in this replay from DFKANZ.
• Identifying signs of a mental health problem in ourselves and others
• Navigating a mental health conversation
• Supporting colleagues, family or friends in a physically distanced world
• Protecting ourselves against a mental health problem – green, amber, and red light behaviours.
Maintaining Mental Wellness
COVID-19 presented an unprecedented challenge, change and uncertainty to our businesses, business people and community. Humans don’t cope well with uncertainty and change. They send us into a tailspin of worry and ‘what ifs.’ They affect our sleep, our mood and our ability to plan and problem solve – right when we need these skills the most.
In this 30-minute online workshop workplace and coaching psychologist, Ellen Jackson helps you to prepare yourself for whatever comes so that you are in the best headspace to help your business, your clients, your family and your community.
- How the brain responds to uncertainty and drives our thoughts, feelings and behaviour
- What we can control and what we can’t – and why focusing on the wrong thing is more trouble than it’s worth
- Five free, simple activities for maintaining calm, building emotional resilience and keeping us in the best shape to help ourselves and others.
Learning from home
With Covid19 we are seeing parents now having to juggle many balls as a result of working @ home including supporting their children with remote learning. Whilst schools and teachers have done an incredible job in getting the technology up and running, to continue teaching students at home, it has also created many challenges for parents & students.
In this training session with Amanda Lecaude, you’ll learn tools, tips and strategies to assist parents with what has become the new ‘norm’ (at least for the time being) and ensure you too can manage to meet the requirements of your role as well as continuing to have your children learning @ home.
- The key challenges or concerns for parents and students
- The positives now and in the future
- Learning the keywords we need to all adopt right now
- The best approach to encourage and support children with their learning @ home and in the future when they go back to school
- Tips and strategies so everyone can meet their objective in achieving what they need to and get their work done!
Handling difficult conversations
Dealing effectively with difficult conversations is a key skill to master at any time, let alone in times of crisis like many of us are experiencing at present.
Lack of clarity and detail about what’s happening now, piled on top of fear and uncertainty about the future is pushing many people’s buttons, and if your team is on the receiving end without a helpful set of skills, this can lead to burnout, further stress and dissatisfaction for all involved.
In this training session with Jo Hanlon, we covered a number of foundational principles that are designed to provide you with some perspective and new skills that will help ease some of the stress and anxiety you and your clients might be currently feeling.
- Understanding yourself and others better
- Deep listening
- Smart questioning, and
- Setting realistic expectations