Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Fellow of CPA Australia (FCPA)
- Member of Australian Institute of Company Directors (MAICD)
Gary has spent most of his working life in Public Practice delivering personal and timely service to a broad range of clients in a very extensive array of industries and business enterprises. Gary has developed and now enjoys excellent and long-standing relationships with clients and colleagues to provide value and expertise in Business Advisory and problem solving solutions.
With the firm now in Southbank for the better part of the last 25 years and coupled with the extensive support of the DFK Association, DFK Nugents has grown from strength to strength. The internal expertise that has been developed that is enhanced with Local Knowledge, National Connections and Global Reach of DFK there is no engagement that is now beyond our capability nor capacity to manage.
Areas of Expertise and Experience
Gary main area of client engagement is in managing expectations of all parties to help develop optimal outcomes. This would entail obtaining a clear understanding of the role, timelines, budgets and technical requirements and then working with our team and the client, their stakeholders and external advisors to help deliver both value and successful results.
Areas Gary would typically be involved would include:
- Business Advisory
- Succession and exit strategy planning
- Corporate structure and re-structure
- Tax Planning and Asset protection strategies
- Integration of technology to improve process and systems generally
- Problem solving and using networks and experience to get better outcomes
- Board Member and Treasurer of FightMND (The Cure for MND Foundation)
- Board Member DFK Australia New Zealand
- Executive Member DFK Asia Pacific
- Executive and Treasurer or Melbourne Business Awards