Small Business COVID Hardship Fund
The Victorian Government’s Small Business COVID Hardship Fund will assist eligible small and medium businesses doing it tough during the current lockdown.
The Small Business COVID Hardship Fund provides $10,000 grants for eligible small and medium businesses that have experienced a reduction in turnover of at least 70 per cent. Businesses that have received funding under any of the Victorian Government COVID-19 support packages launched on or after 27 May 2021 are not eligible for a grant under this program.
To be eligible, businesses must:
- be located within Victoria
- as a direct consequence of COVID-19 restrictions since 27 May 2021 have experienced a reduction in turnover of at least 70% for a minimum consecutive two-week period comparable to a benchmark period in 2019
- have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- have been registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on and from 28 July 2021
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN on and from 28 July 2021
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator
- be ineligible for other key COVID-19 Victorian Government business grant programs that have been announced since 27 May 2021.
Employing businesses must also:
- be registered with WorkSafe Victoria
- attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements, or that if a person can work from home, to work from home during the COVID-19 restrictions, and supporting their casual workers, where possible.
The program offers grants of $10,000 to eligible small and medium businesses, including employing and non-employing businesses. This program will allow more businesses who have previously not received support, to receive financial relief now.
For further information about the Small Business COVID Hardship Fund, please visit Business Victoria website by clicking the button.
If you would like to speak to us about your eligibility for the Small Business COVID Hardship Fund or any COVID support grants you may be eligible for, please contact us on 03 9693 5000 or send us an email to email@example.com.